CDS Coaching In Chandigarh
CDS is a Combined Defence Service exam which is conducted and organized by the Union Public Service Commission. This test is conducted twice in every year for recruitment to office cadre of the Airforce, Navy, and Army. When the candidates have gracefully qualified the written test then the aspirants have to go through the interview which is taken by Service selection Board and if finally selected, depending upon the choices provided by the selected candidates along with their merit list ranking, are passed to one of the following institutions for orientation training:
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun
- Air force academy, Hyderabad
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai 23rd SSC Women (Non-Technical)
All the women aspirants are eligible only for OTA (Officers Training Academy, Chennai)
Those selected candidates who are going to join the top three institutes will probably receive the permanent commission wherever, many of the folks who are passing out of the officers training Academy likely to get short service commission. It’s mandatory for all the applicants that they are required to mention their choices while filling up the application forms.
- For IMA/OTA: A candidates must hold a degree from a recognized university or equivalent
- For Naval Academy: The aspirant must have a degree in Bsc with physics and or Mathematics or Bachelor of engineering
- For air force academy: The student must hold a degree in Bsc or Bachelor of engineering from recognized university or college
- Nationality: The aspirant must either a citizen of India, a subject of Bhutan, Tibetan refugee who came back to India before 1962 and subject of Nepal
- For IMA- All the unmarried male candidates should belong to the age group of 19-24 and must Born between 1995 and 2000.
- For Indian naval academy: All the unmarried male candidates should belong to the age group of 19-22 and must Born between 1995 and 2000.
- For air force academy: – All the unmarried male aspirants should belong to the age group of 19-24 and must Born between 1995 and 1999.
- For officers training academy (SSC course for men)- All the married or unmarried male candidates should belong to the age group of 19-25 and must born in between 1994 to 2000.
- For officers training Academy (SSC course for women)- All the unmarried women or the women who have not remarried are eligible and these women must born between 1994-2000.
Application fees for CDS
The application fees for all CDS aspirants is Rs200 excepting women, SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of the fee. The payment can be done by depositing money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using Net banking facility of SBI, State bank of Hyderabad, State bank of Bikaner& Jaipur, State bank of Mysore, State bank of Patiala/State bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/debit card
CDS Exam Pattern
It consists of 3 Papers and each of the exams is of 2 hours:
- General knowledge
- Elementary Mathematics
For OTA: It includes only two papers namely General knowledge or English
All the papers are objective type and there is negative marking. The paper is conducted twice by UPSC.
1. English: The understanding of words and workmanlike use of the words
2. General knowledge:
- Knowledge of current events
- Geography of nature
- Detailed study of politics
- Elementary number